Saturday, November 8, 2008

Savvy Outfit of the Day $63 - Fall is in the air

Ahhh, there's nothing like the start of Fall! The trees are ablaze with yellows, orange & crimson red. It's beautiful! To celebrate the fall I have started bringing out my boots.


Today's outfit is compliments of the thrift store and my favorite shoe outlet store. The red peacoat jacket is Bromleigh ($8 thrift store I bought this back when I was a single woman in my 20's), the jeans are Mudd ($5 thrift store), a brown long sleeve Old Navy shirt ($3 thrift store) and my FABULOUS faux lace-up boots from Frye ($15 shoe outlet!) and the purse is my Lucky Brand Vintage Leather ($24 thrift store) and a cute crochet hat for $9 for a grand total of $64.


Today we went to see Madagascar 2 with the Superstars and laughed hysterically. I can't help it. I LOVE the penguins. They are so "clever" as Superstar #1 says. I'm thinking they're a little psychotic, but I'm not sure how to explain that to her so clever will do just fine for now.

Hope y'all are taking time to check out thrift stores out there. I'm telling you, it's goldmine of fun fashion.

1 comment:

  1. So i have been reading your blog and LOVE it, so this weekend my Husband and I went thrift store shopping and hit the jackpot!! i am totally stocked on winter clothes now, and my best buy... a pair of BRAND New low top Timberland boots (which i have been wanteing since last christmas but wouldn't splurge on) for $12... can you believe it? I can't! thanks for all the tips.. keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete