Monday, November 10, 2008

Savvy Rock Chic[k] Outfit of the Day - $22

I told you that I use to be cool...I mean, in the music industry. Here's a throw-back to my music industry days. I was being "cool Mom" today, not that the Superstars would think that's different than any other day [cough] but still, it makes me feel fly...ah, ha, ha. Yeah, that's me. Fly Girl.

Anyway.

Today's outfit is compliments of Plato's Closet, the thrift store, the Dollar Tree and my friend Jenn. Yes, the same Jenn that got me those cool Liv crochet surfer boots for my birthday. This purse was a birthday gift too. Well, sorta. We were going through her boxes of purses so I could help her start selling some of them on eBay and she must have been feeling REALLY generous that day because she told me I could pick one out...for my birthday.

I tried to tell her NO because she had gotten me so much stuff already but she just wouldn't hear it. And well, you know, I didn't want to offend her so I HAD to take one...I mean, that's what friends are for, right? This GORGEOUS Coach red patent leather Gallery Tote & matching embossed Skinny Mini just stole my heart and I have been in love with it ever since.

The breakdown.
Love Rocks thermal shirt (FREE from Plato's Closet - I traded in some old clothes!), A. Byer cropped pin-stripe jacket ($8 Parisians' end of season sale), Metro 7 jeans ($4 thrift store), black suede Pelle Moda kitten heel boots ($9 thrift store), crochet red chenille scarf ($1 at Dollar Tree) and my lovely patent leather Coach purse (FREE). Grand total: $22

So I am really going to post more articles on things OTHER THAN clothes, but I do have to get dressed everyday if I want to get out of the house in something other than my bunny slippers & PJ's and I might as well snap a shot and send it out there.

In the meantime, I've been working on an article on how to save money by tinting your windows, a do-it-yourself home improvement project we just finished recently. It's a great way to make horrible builder's-grade windows more energy efficient.

I'm also planning to write some tips on eBay. I've both bought and sold a ton on eBay and it's a GREAT Savvy Suburban Supermom tip. Till then, keep shopping savvy and letting me know about it. Fellow blog-a-holic kristen just told me about her successful savvy thrift store shopping bonanza this week and I'm thinking I might just have to hold a contest to see who can come up with the best thrift store find!

No comments:

Post a Comment