Friday, March 13, 2009

Savvy Outfit of the Day $38 - Ripani Purse & Diesel Boots

Cold weather is here in Music City.....brrrr! I know y'all up North have it so much colder than we do here, but it was 80 degrees on Monday and by the end of the week it was in the 30's! It's suppose to warm up in the next few days so till then we're layering around here.

The Breakdown.
Old Navy cords ($4 thrift store/ARP $30), Vibe suede jacket ($13 eBay/ARP $50), blue Mossimo cotton sweater ($5 Target/ARP $17), white tank top ($3 For Love 21/ARP $3), Ripani leather purse (FREE - trade in from Plato's Closet/ARP $400), Diesel boots ($5 thrift store/ARP $200), suede cap ($8 Plato's Closet/ARP $10).

Grand Total: $38
Approximate Retail Price: $710
Savvy Savings: $672

I had never heard of Ripani handbags before finding it at Plato's Closet, but it is gorgeous. The leather is soft and supple, and I'm guessing by the size and quality that it probably retailed for more than $400. That said it was only $30 at Plato's Closet and I had a 20% off coupon which would have put it at $26, which I would have paid out of pocket had the clothes I brought in for "trade" not given me $45 in spending money that day. I put the rest of the money in the bank to save for another day of savvy spending.

No comments:

Post a Comment