Monday, January 12, 2009

Savvy Outfit of the Day- $35 Cashmere & Kate Spade

Can you tell I'm in love with argyle these days? I found this beautiful Banana Republic argyle sweater last week at the thrift store and had to buy it because of the color. A couple of red carpets ago I remember noticing several dark haired celebrities wearing this lovely shade of blue and thinking, "I could wear that color!"

This sweater lends itself to several combination due to the different blues in the pattern. I pulled from one of those blues (the turquoise) and used a cashmere pashmina that I had found last year at the thrift store for this outfit, but I've already paired this sweater with a blue tank and off-white cords for the next time I wear it.

The Breakdown.

Banana Republic argyle sweater ($6 thrift store), off-white tank top ($4 Rave), Express X2 Jeans ($4 thrift store), cashmere pashmina ($1.50 thrift store), Kate Spade black leather handbag ($10 thrift store) and the only retail store item bought, Ann Marino black leather wedge ($8 Parisians). Grand Total: $33.50


One of the things you may have noticed is my recent use of scarves & pashminas. These are great ways to add pops of color and keep warm on those in-between days that we seem to have a lot of here in Music City during the winter. I love it because it's like having a warm blanket wrapped around you and well, they are quite stylish. They are also a rather cheap accessory, especially when found at the thrift store. Goodwill tends to mark them at $1.50-1.99 so finding a cashmere one in this gorgeous blue just made my day and I actually look for ways to wear it.

Next up on the savvy savings calendar is a blog on children's savvy clothing savings...

No comments:

Post a Comment