Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Savvy Outfit of the Day $29

Today's outfit is brought to you by Belks, Target and the thrift store. The pants are Hydraulic straight-leg light denim trousers ($12 Belk's on sale), Mossimo black sweater shirt ($5 Target on sale), Nine West kitten heel shoes with buckle ($4 thrift store) and the purse is Scarlett Blake ($8 thrift store) for a grand total of $29.

I did have to hem the pants but it was a simple job, otherwise I would have had to add another $8 to the total. I also had to glue the front of the sweater for no other reason than it kept buckling out by the buttons and showing everyone my bra! With a little bit of fabric glue I no longer button this shirt up, but pull it over like a sweater. Fabric glue is a great way to help those who have this problem from time to time and it's machine washable. All in all today's look was a comfortable outfit that was update on the classic "jeans & sweater" look.

I toyed with the idea of adding a red purse to this look for a pop of color, even red shoes would have worked, but I was feeling a little more low-key today so I went with black.

No comments:

Post a Comment