Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Savvy Outfit of the Day - $21 Business Sassy

Who knew that one day I would actually be excited about having to go to a meeting? I still remember the days when a meeting meant that I would be dragged away from the office to learn about the new work I would have to do while the other work was piling up on my desk waiting for me to get back!

A meeting was my opportunity to pull together a really professional (yet sassy) outfit and I loved it! It's always nice to be in a setting where your opinion is appreciated and considered with the utmost seriousness. As much as the Superstars love me, they aren't always as appreciative of my opinion on matters like, oh, the importance of a clean house and why math and reading really are important. Thankfully the meeting had nothing to do with any of that!

The Breakdown.
New York & Company argyle sweater ($6 thrift store/ARP $30), Nine West kitten heel leather boots ($8 thrift store/ARP $150), awesome Zara Basic pencil skirt ($4 thrift store/ARP $50), white tank top ($3 For Love 21/ARP $3), Coach Patent Leather Tote (FREE! A birthday gift from a dear friend).

Grand Total: $21
Approximate Retail Price:
$233
Savvy Savings: $212


A search on the Zara name for the purpose of getting an approximate retail price yielded this nugget of information. It's a Spanish brand that started in 1975. According to Wikipedia: "
It is claimed that Zara needs just two weeks to develop a new product and get it to stores, compared with a six-month industry average, and launches around 10,000 new designs each year. Zara has resisted the industry-wide trend towards transferring fast fashion production to low-cost countries. Perhaps its most unusual strategy was its policy of zero advertising; the company preferred to invest a percentage of revenues in opening new stores instead. Zara was described by Louis Vuitton fashion director Daniel Piette as "possibly the most innovative and devastating retailer in the world."

All I know is that I really like the skirt and it fits well.

So, yeah, I clean up pretty well, and the meeting went great. With the economy where it is, I'll take any little side project that allows me to put a little money away and get out of the house to look sassy!

No comments:

Post a Comment