Monday, February 9, 2009

Savvy Outfit of the Day - $23 Banana Republic Beautiful

Banana Republic is one of those stores that I could probably spend all my money in. I love their classic styles & cuts in everything: their jeans, skirts, tops, jackets, purses, shoes and accessories. I didn't realize till I did The Breakdown that most of these pieces are from Banana Republic, but I felt pretty pulled together and for $23, I felt pretty savvy too.

In truth, this skirt has been sitting in my closet for a while waiting for a warm enough day to wear. And well, Mommy needed to put something nice on because she was tired of the late nights, the hives breakouts and the several days of ALL-DAY-PJs that represented last week.

The Breakdown.
Banana Republic skirt ($4 thrift store/ARP $60), Banana Republic black sweater ($6 thrift store/ARP $80), white tank top ($3 For Love 21/ARP $3), Banana Republic suede & leather hobo ($10 thrift store/ARP $200), Franco Sarto suede boots (birthday gift from my sister/ARP $150).

Grand Total: $23

Approximate Retail Price: $493
Savvy Savings: $470


I love these boots. Even my conservative suit-and-tie brother-in-law admitted they were pretty hot when my sister and I stumbled upon them on our Christmas Gift Shopping Trip. I call them fierce, and truth is that I've had women stop me to ask me about them. They are comfortable and just wearing them makes me happy. I'm easy that way.

This Banana Republic purse represents my first great purse find at the thrift store, and is one of the reason I started taking thrift store shopping more seriously. I think I petted it all the way home the day I bought it. It's lovely and that it matches the boots is just bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment